The Abilene Education Foundation is a non-profit community organization created to promote and enhance excellence in education for the students of the Abilene Independent School District through enrichment of its programs.
The goals of the Abilene Education Foundation are to provide for the Abilene Independent School District by:
- encouraging academic excellence through generation and distribution of funds unavailable through local, state, and federal tax revenue.
- supporting innovative and creative programs which provide enriched educational experiences.
- mobilizing community support and encouraging involvement.
- building public awareness and promoting the School District’s strengths.
- recognizing student accomplishments and exemplary teaching.